Wednesday, September 14, 2011

My first post in this blog, ever.

So I'll start by my introdctionary post, which is actually something I posted on reddit but was so far behind in a very popular post it didn't get as much attention as I wanted it to have.

"I was a christian once, I knew there was a better life after death, and a bigger place with obviously lots of the stuff I loved(Heaven). First problem I had was that I loved doing stuff not so loved in the bible, but there it said Jesus died for all our sins, so we'll in the end all go to heaven. This missed my "Perfect Heaven" completely. Think about it for a second. In heaven I see myself as a so bored person I would be sick of life, death or anything. This, sounds horrible to me, then we have hell... Forget that. I'd rather not exist.
This is my first thought towards rational thought ever, and I started thinking: "But there HAS to be a life after death, I just can't accept being... Gone". In the end I read a very important sentence which says: "People believe what they want to believe." That sentence changed my life. In the end I just pulled myself away from either eternal torture in hellfire or being bored in Heaven. I also listen to a lot of old people, atheists and religious alike, that when they are old, they actually don't give so much a damn anymore, they're just tired. I've thought to myself: "So there's a point in life where I'm tired of waking up in the morning!". The thought which rings beautifully in my mind is that as long as I get old, and lead a good life all the way through (Wife/kids, maybe both, but that sounds stressful) I'll be content, of course I'd much more love to be Sean Connery, and a bit of Johnny Depp and Nestea(Starcraft). And you know what? Living my life to the fullest supporting others removes all worries about death for me, Life is history, make that history, and history lives forever!"

No comments:

Post a Comment